Sunday, November 24, 2013

Orbit of Love

November 23, 2013



The world is a little less bright - and heaven just got a little livelier -  for the passing of Ecuador expat Denise Morris earlier this week of a sudden heart attack at the age of 51 years.
Denise was a fun, intelligent and loving woman.
I only had just met Denise a couple of months ago, but we bonded instantly.  I get the feeling she had that knack with anyone blessed enough to come into her orbit of love. 
I'm reading her FB page, and I'm impressed, touched, and honored to have been blessed to know her
And - clearly - she made friends where ever she went.
So many tributes to Denise.
 
 
This was one of my favorites.
 Contributed by her friend,
Elektra Fike-Data
California, USA



Photographer Unknown
Nor the date or location
But I thought

this picture really captured
Denise's spirit.

They say it is noble to grieve behind closed doors. Today, I refute this philosophy. Human kind lost an AMAZING individual last evening; a woman who, of her own accord, lived her dream fearlessly with intent, passion, and curiosity. Denise Morris showed my mother and me how to stand tall, how to love unconditionally, how to live without fear. She sat with me at dinner and told me that nothing should stand between me and my happiness; but more importantly, she lived by example. It is because of her unwavering quest for knowledge and for exploring the world that I made it my dream as well to venture as she did. Denise, you ARE the reason I choose not to stand on the sidelines of life. You ARE the reason I fight for the strength to conquer my goals. Your last words to me were “remain the positive spirit that you are” and I publicly declare that by keeping you in my heart, I will do all that I can to keep this promise.


It pains me deeply that this paragraph of words does little justice to the saint and human being that you were.

1 comment:

  1. A spirit ended it's human experience but the spirit lives on. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete