|New Montanita Bakery|
- 6-8 chopped tomatoes (in the States, I used Roma tomatoes)
- 1 large chopped purple onion
- 1 bunch of finely chopped cilantro *
- 2-4 chopped fresh hot peppers (in the States, I used serrano peppers, but I have become a big fan of the Ecuadorian ají peppers. We have an ají bush in our yard. These little red peppers may look innocent, but they have a powerful bite, and I like all things picante).
- 1 finely minced clove of garlic
- Juice of one freshly squeezed lime
- 1 or 2 capfuls of cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 and 1/3 cups of room temperature butter
- 2 cups white granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat 4 eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.